“Follow the Hungarian Notation”
I being a Java Programmer never followed Hungarian Notation but yes, tried my best to giving some Sensible names to my variables
Let me have a look at the my
Variable Naming Life Cycle
Variable Names : a, x, y, z
Reason : To be the first one to submit the online assignment
Role : Java Programmer
Variable Names : var, count, vectSize, str, con, rs
Reason : I used to Understand that much better , saved time and my Application running on web
Role: Windows Programmer
Variable Names : all sorts of veered names
Reason : I was confused others too
Naming Convention in which the name of a variable indicates its Datatype.
Reminding a forgetful programmer that he cannot store a float value in an integer declared variable.
Was invented by Charles Simonyi Chief Architect at Microsoft.
In spite of its Advantages like:
- The variable type can be seen from its name
- Easy to remember…………..blablabla
For me :
- It has brought in more Discipline in my Coding Styles
- Makes my Program more Readable to Others who follow it
- I walk through my code not to check its functionality but to see if I have followed the Hungarian Notation.