Friday, November 1, 2013

Feelings with Failures

This is a space where I want to talk a little bit about failings, because nobody's journey is seamless or smooth – neither is mine. Interesting question that I faced few days back, “What makes what you are today?” & the reply was “My failures!”

We all stumble.
We all have setbacks.
We all do mistakes & wrong choices
If things go wrong, you hit a dead end, as you will, it's just life's way of saying time to change course. So, I always ask every failure, every crisis, and every difficult time -what is this here to teach me? And as soon as you get the lesson, you get to move on. Important is that you really get the lesson, you pass and you don't have to repeat the class.

Difficulties come when you don't pay attention to life's whisper, because life always whispers to you first. And if you ignore the whisper, sooner or later you'll get a scream. Whatever you resist persists. But, if you ask the right question—not why is this happening, but what is this here to teach me? it puts you in the place and space to get the lesson you need.  I have my share of many failed projects, failed matches, failed ideas…but those failures never stop me, they have made me better.

Don't live for yourself alone. This is what I know for sure: In order to be truly happy, you must live along with and you have to stand for something larger than yourself. Because life is a reciprocal exchange. To move forward you have to give back. And to me, that is the greatest lesson of life. To be happy, you have to give something back.

The lesson is - If you're hurting, you need to help somebody ease their hurt. If you're in pain, help erase somebody else's pain. And when you're in a mess, you get yourself out of the mess helping somebody out of theirs. And in this process, you get to become more of a beautiful person that one would like to know more about.
It’s such a lovely sight as my home is glowing in the colorful lights. A small light alone looking so good and playing its small important part in the whole view. 
Wishing you’ll Happy Diwali – go out and make that small difference!

No comments: