Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Give me red… only Red Wine!

My love for Red Wine is no secret. I fell in love with Red Wine when I visited Grover Vineyard, which is 40 Km towards north of Bangalore.
You will find people with a lot of passion for wines visiting the winery. Visit to Vineyard is a whole day event, per head charge is 1000/- and trust me it’s totally worth it. We were taken around the vineyard, winery and at the end is the most interesting thing – Wine Tasting.
Few things that I learnt during the tour:
- Land on which cultivation of the grape is known as viticulture.
- We have around 40 varieties of grape
- Green/White grapes is used to make White Wine and red grapes for Red Wine
- Viticulture depends on factors like sunlight, soil, moisture, wind, and pest and disease control.
- The best wines result from warm, dry conditions.
- Red wines actually vary in color from dark pink to almost black.
- Red wine contains resveratrol, has a positive influence on the prevention of aging and the promotion of heart health.
-The color comes from a natural organic pigment called anthocyan that is present in the skin of red grapes and not from the juice of the grapes
The tour to Grover was perfect in every way and we enjoyed every minute of our time spent at the Vineyard. The Winemaker Tasting and Vineyard Tour was one of the best gifts I’ve ever received.
After going through the wine making process I have a new respect for grapes, although not all grapes. Wine is much more than just a drink. The more you read about it you realize that it represents so many other things, like culture & history.

I am so high about red wine is that the day when I have enough money I would love to have my own Vineyard.

No comments: