Monday, December 1, 2008

KPIT making its mark @ 5th Pune Barcamp

-> My First Presentation with my close friend Pramila on eLearning 2.0
-> First time 2 girls presenting at Barcamp
-> First time KPIT Guys at Barcamp
-> First time KPIT presenting on Oracle Middleware Fusion and SAML
I experienced all of this for the first time at 5th Pune Barcamp, that’s how this BCP is special for me.

I had 2 sleepless days, busy in preparing, learning and researching on eLearning 2.0
Friday night we were awake and working on our PPT and finally delivered our presentation at 12.30 pm in front of 30 + audience.

The purpose of our presentation was very clear; We wanted to make people aware of eLearning and wanted them to educate others, so that India becomes a major contributor towards eLearning 2.0.

We concluded with an open debate on “Classroom training vs eLearning”
I could say that our presentation was successful as everyone had some thing or other to speak over it, thus witnessing our purpose getting fulfilled.

The Best part for me was to see KPIT guys being there and contributing towards this event.
> Saumajit the Webservices guys delivered a session on SAML
> Tara the Trainer spoke about Oracle Middleware Fusion
> Sadha the youngest employee of KPIT promises me to be a presenter at the next BCP
> Ravish Oracle consultant and an inspired hacker doing live blogging about BCP

All of this and many more made BCP the free camp rocking.

7 comments:

Atul Kumar said...

Do you have presentation of this elearning ?

I am looking for some opensourse elearning tool to put in my business .

Mail me at atul[at]onlineAppsDBA.com if you are interested in this (self learning/elearning) business model.

Anonymous said...

Bhavya & Pramila, your presentation was great. Whatever effort you put into preparing for it, especially the two sleepless nights, was all good because I think it was one of the most well-presented talks of #BCP5. (See for example this tweet.) Unfortunately I missed the first half of it, and wished I hadn't.

thecancerus said...

i came to know about your talk bit too late.. otherwise i would have kept mine at some other time..

Bhavya said...

Atul: You can download the presentation from the below URL:

http://www.slideshare.net/Bhavsidd/e-learning-presentation-803098/

I would like to be a part of eLearning model. Will get in touch with you.

Navin: An appreciation from you itself makes me feel proud of the efforts that we put it.
Thanks for all the motivation :)

Amit: Come on! man….. you need not say this.
But I am sure your presence would have made a big difference
By the way where’s my treat :)

Anonymous said...

Hi all,

I am working for a software integrator company. My projects includes working on Java and Ruby on Rails and Ajax. I think Web Services is really cool. We also recently have to now work on REST and they are talking about mashups and Struts. Can anyone tell me if there are some good training or conferences so that me and my team members can get to speed with these technologies. Learning from books is not my cup of tea, even not when I was doing engineering ;)

All the help that group members can provide in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Vaibhavi

Bhavya said...

@Vaibhavi: I am sure Anaz has answered your question. I too am a Java fan. Would love to learn all these Sun technologies. I plan to attend Great Indian Developer Summit & Sun Tech Days but have no big team as such. Let me know if you could help registering me with your team. Kindly reply back to bhavsidd@gmail.com for further communication.

Bhavya said...

@anaz: That was very informative. I wish to be a part of Great Indian Developer Summit & Sun Tech Days. As I don’t have a big group to take the advantage of the discount, can you include me in your team for registration? Kindly reply to bhavsidd@gmail.com for further communication & discussions.